Welcome to DatCatSM
The DatCat catalog indexes Internet measurement data.
DatCat lets you find, annotate,
and cite data.
The goals of the system are:
- to facilitate searching for and sharing of data among researchers
- to enhance documentation of datasets via a public annotation system
- to advance network science by promoting reproducible research
For more information, see the
DatCat server maintenance completed.
Fixed bugs in creating and editing Data Formats.
DatCat upgraded to version 3.0. The new version makes it easier than ever to
find Collections of relevant data and get right to downloading them.
Note to contributors: Information from your old Data and Package objects was
merged into the relevant Collections. For comparison purposes, the previous
versions are temporarily still available at
- Omits information about individual data and package files to avoid
- Important information from Data and Packages was merged into the
- All Handles for old Data and
Package objects now redirect to the relevant Collections.
- Simplified download links or instructions for Collections.
- Simple Search is now in the top right corner of every page and works more
like familiar search engines.
- Searching by date is easier in Advanced Search for Collections.
- Advanced Search options are all visible at once.
- Collection detail pages include a tree of related Collections.
The new DatCat simplified
online submission system is now available.
DatCat is back! All previously existing information is intact and
available for browsing.
We are in the process of reorganizing the structure of DatCat
to make it easier to find and contribute information.
DatCat database shut down.
DatCat opened to public viewing.
The catalog contains metadata about
43.1 TiB of data,
in 393257 data files,
in 223 collections/publications.